Updated: Apr 9, 2021
Notes and thoughts from the lecture:
- Primary / Secondary Structure:
Cross Laminated Timber -> Establish Pros and Cons and
impacts and user and environment. Local materials?
Bio materials? IMPACTS
Message that I am sending with my design? Future of buildings; bringing nature back into the city by using wood as a structure making a "forest" building.
What type? Where? Why?
- Mineral Wool
- RIR Board
Good Practice Guide to Insulation - Passivhaus Trust
What Type? For what Building?
- Residential (Have windows which can open on the south side to avoid overheating)
- Social areas (Have windows which can open on the south side to avoid overheating)
- Workshops: Metal, wood, painting, drawing (acoustic for noise coming from and to workshops)
- Dance (acoustic?)
- Exhibition space (acoustic?)
- Café space (Double curtain?)
- Overhangs -> What type? Where? Why?
- Generating alternative energy -> Facade or roof?
- Form finding
What type? Where?
- Workshops (evacuate smells)
- Residential (HVAC)
- Exhibition (HVAC)
- Rain collection in lake
- Grey water recycling? Green area hydration?
What to Analyse?
- Rain, sun/shading, wind and location diagrams
- Geology: type of soil, water levels, to see if I can use heat pump, and see what foundations I will use
- Performance of building winter vs summer?
- Set out program for construction method -> Waste Materials on site -> deconstruction, will be recycling? during? After? Cycle!
- Cost: Material, how possible is it?