Spaces - An Interactive Community
How to create a loop while insuring peace when needed?
The area is in the pricing range between 350,000-500,000£. Having social housing/low cost homes would break the City centre social and financial barrier.
1 Bed: 2 Possibilities -> Single (30%) - Married or Civil Partnership (20%)
2 Bed: 2 Possibilities -> Lone parent with 1 child (15%) - Parents with 1 child (20%)
3 Bed: 2 Possibilities -> Families with 2 children (15%) - Families with 3 children (5%)
Data retrieved from DIGIMAPS
This area in Peckham need low-cost housing to help the community evolve. The 1 Beds are needed the most as the percentages show. As this project requires 30 dwellings. I will create:
20 x 1 Beds
5 x 2 Beds
5 x 3 Beds
- Access: Lift for disabled, Stairs, fire safety measures (other set of stairs) "Inner Streets", Car Park.
- Natural Sunlight (important)
- For the Working class: develop a space to work together.
- For the families: develop a space for birthday parties and a playground. Develop a day care area.
- For the children: develop a space to study together.
-> Loud vs Quite spaces
-> Individual working spaces
-> Group meeting spaces
- A Café
- First Aid space
- Cleaning storage for these communal areas.
- Laundry rooms
- Technical room
Community Sports Centre:
- Waiting area
- WC's - Public vs Private - Male vs Female
- Changing rooms - Public vs Private - Male vs Female
- Storage (for equipments see regulations for space)
- Main Court
- First Aid space
- A café
- Cleaning storage
- Seating around the court?
- Sun light (not necessarily needed)
- Access: Entrance Public vs Private, Vehicle access for equipment, Fire Safety measures, Car Park
Community Art Facility:
- A café
- Dry room
- Spray room
Types of Workshops:
- Painting (think of ventilation for fumes)
- Metal work (in collaboration with the metal company on site)
- Wood work (in collaboration with the furniture store on site)
- To share and comment on work (group)
- Clam area (individually but together in a room)
- Children and teen sector
- Adult sector
- Storage (for equipment and cleaning)
- Exhibition hall
- Dust from wood workshop -> safety regulations?
- Natural light
- Promote biodiversity
- Peaceful area
- A communal café for the Study area and the Art community?
- Café in the Sport centre
- Prep area (with kitchen)
- Seating area
- Access to storage via vehicles?
- Inner Streets
- Lifts (for disabled and to carry things)
- Underground Car park
- Bicycle Storage
- Public vs Private
- Pedestrian, bicycles vs cars, buses, trucks...
Regenerating: (already on site)
- Bus Station
- Metalworks Fabricators
- Community Outreach Ministries
- Building Material Suppliers
- Home Improvement Shop